Are you excited for this weekend? Download your Print at Home kit, stock up on Poké Balls, and prepare your Incense—Pokémon GO Fest 2020 is happening in just a few days! The in-app festivities aren’t the only way we’re bringing the event to you. Throughout the weekend, there will be exciting new ways to connect with your fellow Trainers. It’ll be almost as if you were at an in-person Pokémon GO Fest with everyone!
Relax in the Virtual Team Lounge
The Virtual Team Lounge is an online space that’ll feature a ton of exclusive Pokémon GO Fest content and more! Similar to a Team Lounge at traditional Pokémon GO Fest events, this space will provide Trainers worldwide a place to chill in when they’re taking a break from playing.
- Enjoy exclusive Pokémon GO Fest video content and more!: Rest your catching arm, and watch some videos together with your fellow Trainers.
- Stay in the loop with the latest event happenings: Check out what the Pokémon GO team and Trainers around the world are posting on social media about #PokemonGOFest2020—all without leaving the Virtual Team Lounge!
Grab a sneak peek at our Pokémon GO Fest 2020 livestream lineup
Tune in to our livestream, hosted in the Virtual Team Lounge, and catch the following segments.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Global Kickoff: On Friday, July 24, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), join your fellow Trainers and start the festivities together with a kickoff keynote by John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic!
- The Makings of a Pokémon GO Fest: Ever wonder what it takes to make a Pokémon GO Fest event happen? Tune in and hear from Liz George, manager of community and social, and Laura Warner, senior game designer, to find out how we make the adventure happen.
- Print at Home Kit: How to Build a Gift: Feeling crafty? Learn how to build a real-life Gift directly from the artist who created it, Craig Kitzmann! Download the Print at Home kit now to get ready.
- Pokémon GO: Developer Insights: Hear from Matt Slemon, product lead for Pokémon GO, as he shares some insights and highlights of what’s to come.
- Getting Started in the GO Battle League: New to the GO Battle League? Fear not—we’re here to help you build a team featuring Pokémon you’ll encounter during Pokémon GO Fest.
- Social Impact and Diversity: Learn all about what Niantic is doing in the realm of social impact and diversity.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Commercial Behind-the-Scenes: Filmed and directed remotely with team members in London, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tokyo, our Pokémon GO Fest commercial “Look Closer” was inspired by our global Trainer communities and relationships. In this behind-the-scenes segment, you can learn about how this commercial was made. Plus, you can look forward to an appearance from the director, Rian Johnson, himself!
- On-the-GO Update!: Catch live event updates, and play Pokémon GO trivia for the chance to win prizes! This live segment will be occurring several times throughout the livestream.
- Avatar Fashion Show: Share a screenshot of your avatar’s style using #PokemonGOFest2020 for a chance to be featured in this segment!
And that’s not all! For more, head on over to the Virtual Team Lounge.
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 is only a few days away! Be sure to check the Niantic blog and the Pokémon GO Fest website for more updates in the coming weeks. We can’t wait to share them all with you. If you haven’t bought your Pokémon GO Fest ticket yet, you can purchase one in the in-app shop! Until we can all meet again in the same park and under the same sky...let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidance from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team