Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO!
Pokémon GO is a real world game that will launch on iOS and Android devices in 2016. This game is being produced by Niantic, Inc. in collaboration with The Pokémon Company, and combines mobile location technology and augmented reality to create a unique game experience that motivates players to go outside, explore, and catch wild Pokémon in the world around them. Because the game involves numerous people playing in multiple countries at the same time, we have a lot to test before we publicly launch.
This is why we are asking for your help. We would love for you to - if selected - download the field test version and play it. Your regular gameplay and feedback will help us iterate, polish and make the game launch-ready.
Please note: the app is still in active development, so it has a limited set of features at the moment and there may be things that don’t work properly. We hope that you - as field testers - understand this and will work with us to make the Pokémon GO game experience truly phenomenal.
If you’re interested, please read the field test overview below and sign up.
-- The Pokémon GO Development team
Field Test Overview:
The field test will be conducted to improve game features and balance by making a test version of the app available to a limited number of users prior to the product’s launch.
Confidentiality: The contents of the field test are confidential. To preserve an element of surprise for our users at public launch, we ask that field testers refrain from sharing the content of the field test in any form including social networks,
- Users residing in the United States, Australia or New Zealand. Android & iOS devices only.
- Android: Version 4.3 and above is required. We currently do not support Intel Atom-based Android devices.
- iPhone: iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and above is required.
- Playability is not guaranteed on all devices.
- If you are selected to participate in the field test, you will need to review and accept the Pokémon GO Terms of Service which is integrated into the Pokémon GO mobile app.
- The field test sign-up period may end without prior notice.
- Field testers will be selected based on a variety of factors which may include OS-types, experience in real world games and an element of luck. Selected participants will receive an email with detailed instructions and requirements.
- Confirmation of successful registration will not be re-issued under any circumstances, including the following: you provided the wrong email address, you inadvertently deleted it, or you lost it after it was processed as a spam mail. Please make sure that you enter a valid email address correctly.
- Test player accounts and game data will not be transferred to the release version. Game progression and data will be wiped multiple times during the course of the field test. Due to the nature of this field test, game data can be erased inadvertently at any time.
- Field testers will receive no premiums or monetary rewards, nor will they be reimbursed for any data usage. Please consider the actual improvement of game as the reward for participating the program.
- Please pay attention to your surroundings and play safely. Niantic disclaims all liabilities for any property damage or personal injury that may occur during your participation in the field test.
- The testing registration and account are personal and are not transferable to any other person. Field testers are prohibited from gifting, lending or exchanging the account.